Download 60+ Salary Slip Templates for Free (Excel and Word) to help you prepare your Salary Slip easily.
In most of the organizations and companies, the salaries of employees are transferred directly in their bank accounts and as soon their bank account is debited with the salary, they get a notification from the bank. Besides this, there is nothing else that the employee gets from the employer while their salaries are transferred. There are many situations when the employee might need to see the exact amount that the employer has transferred into his or her account i.e. for taxation purposes, for removing an error or to see added bonuses and deductions. For these and many other reasons, the employee has the right to ask the employer or HR department for their salary slip. As the name suggests, the salary slip includes gross income, deductions, additions and net income of the employee for certain period of time i.e. 1 week or 1 month or 6 months.
Key Elements of a Salary Slip:
- Name of the company/employer
- Name of the employee
- Date of preparing the salary slip
- Period of salary slip i.e. from 1st June to 30th June
- Basic salary of the employee
- Deductions and additions
- Added allowances
- Net income of the employee
- Signature of authorized person
10 New Salary Slip Templates (Exclusive) – May 06, 2021
Here are previews and download links for these 10 New Salary Slip Templates,
The download link for this Salary Slip Template 51 is below,
Here is the download link for this Salary Slip Template 52 in MS Word Format,
The download link for this Salary Slip Template 53 is below,
Here is the download link for this Salary Slip Template 54 in MS Word Format,
Please download this Salary Slip Template 55 from the link below,
Here is the download link for this Salary Slip Template 56 in MS Excel Format,
The download link for this Salary Slip Template 57 is below,
Here is the download link for this Salary Slip Template 58 in MS Excel format,
Download link for this Salary Slip Template 59 in MS Excel format is below,
Click on the download button below to start downloading this Salary Slip Template 60,
50 Free Salary Slip Templates
Check out our collection of Free Salary Slip Templates,
HALLMARKS OF A SALARY SLIP:
- Your basic salary is the most important salary component as many allowances and deductions are based on it.
- You can reduce the income tax component by investing money in tax savings and taking benefits of tax exemptions on various allowances.
- Your take-home salary and CTC (cost to company) are not the same at all. CTC is higher than the take-home salary amount as the CTC amount includes multiple other benefits like free food, transport, health insurance, bonuses, etc.
- Salary slip is an important document it is recommended to preserve a copy of the past 6 months’ salary slips. It can be asked for applying for visas, credit cards, loans, etc.
- You should check income or deduction in the salary slip every month and in case of discrepancies, you can contact the HR department of your organization immediately.
Practical uses of Salary Slip:
- For applying to a new job:
The most common scenario where an individual might need a salary slip is when he is applying for a new job at a different company. During the initial stages of interview, salary is also discussed and it’s possible that the employee is asking for more than what the employer can pay. In order to find exact worth or current income of the applicant, the employer can ask him to provide his salary slip. This way they can see exactly how much he is getting paid currently and if he is worth for what he is asking for.
- For getting loan from the bank:
When you apply for loan, automobile lease or mortgage, the bank or credit company will need to ensure that you will be able to pay back the mortgage or loan without going bankrupt. The only way the bank can make sure that the loan payments will be made on time by the individual is to verify their source of income and net income of each month. This way the bank will not only evaluate the applicant but will also decide if they should be given the amount of credit that they are requesting.
- For removing error/mistakes:
As soon your salary is transferred, you will get notification from the bank and its possible that the amount doesn’t match with what you expected i.e. it’s less or more than what you thought it would be. The only way to see exactly how the employer calculated your salary is to ask for the salary slip. This slip will include every little detail of your income including net salary, deductions, bonuses, compensations, allowances and gross salary at the end after tax deduction. If there is an error or mistake, you can ask HR department for correction.
- For payment income tax on different components:
In various states or countries, there are different regulations for paying taxes. For instance, the tax on your net salary is different than the tax on allowances, travel charges and bonuses. When you are preparing tax return documents or you want to pay your tax, you need to calculate tax for each portion of the salary with a different formula and that’s not possible until you have your salary slip.
- To provide evidence of employment:
Last but not the least practical uses of salary slip are to provide some proof or evidence of your employment. This is usually necessary when you want to rent an apartment and the landlord needs to verify that you are employed so you will pay the rent on time. Similarly there are many scenarios where an individual is asked to provide evidence of his or her employment and the most convenient document to prove that you are employed is the salary slip.